Writing Prompts That Don’t Suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing Prompts That Don’t Suck

Writing Prompts That Don’t Suck is something I started in 2011 (I think) when I couldn’t find any good writing prompts online for my writing group’s exercises. I mean, have you looked for writing prompts online? I’m guessing yes, because here you are. And how many sites of crappy prompts did you have to wade through before you got here? Like, so many, right? WPTDS (worst acronym ever) has been mentioned on Edutopia and probably other places, but I’m too lazy to Google stuff.
    I try to update this thing daily, but I do tend to get sidetracked for weeks (OK, months) at a time. I’m working on a print zine version of this site, with prompts from the site as well as new ones. We’ll see when that happens, right? When it’s done, don’t worry, you’ll hear about it!
    Who am I? My name’s Steph. That’s me in my avatar. I’m in a band, I like cats and unicorns, I make my living as a copy editor (don’t tell me if you find typos here), and I like to draw. My favorite band of all time is Talking Heads. My favorite food is probably french fries or something else horrible.
    She's up to #684 last time I checked.

http://awesomewritingprompts.tumblr.com/
    With Iron And Fire - Now available at Sea Lion Press
    Alternative Truths - Now available on Amazon
Working...
X