How to edit posts and other thingies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit posts and other thingies

I can't see an obvious button to edit posts with in the Writer's Club?

Also when writing in the text box, from time to time I get this happening:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Writer's Ark Possible Glitch.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	184

Anyone else encountered it?

Sargon
    Last edited by Sargon; 01-17-2016, 11:56 PM.
    Grand Admiral of WA.com Fleet.

物以类聚人以群居 *** 가재는 게 편이라 *** 類は友を呼ぶ.

I played around with some additional settings, and hopefully it will resolve the problem with the "invalid server settings" which seems to be connected with time-out (and I believe it has to do with auto-saving function, which I have since disabled for posts). As far as the edit button, I noticed it is in the same place in the Writer's Club forum as everywhere else, bottom right of the post. Could you please take a screen shot of what you are seeing, just so I know that this is not a user-group permissions issue?

Comment

Ah, hopefully the time-out thingy has been resolved then.

Here is a screenshot of the missing edit option in Writer's Club:

Name:	Missing Edit Option.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	189

Actually the edit option seems to disappear quite quickly. The earlier post of mine in this thread doesn't have one either (although this one does). Interesting.

Sargon

Comment

I also played around with some of the edit options - currently the forum allows users to edit their own posts for up to an hour after they are made. I can increase that limit if the members would like, though I would prefer to keep it within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgard View Post
          I also played around with some of the edit options - currently the forum allows users to edit their own posts for up to an hour after they are made. I can increase that limit if the members would like, though I would prefer to keep it within reason.
          That could be it. I posted my writing in rather a rush just as Sai called me down to talk about something (after it being wiped out a couple of times for reasons I'm not quite sure about - hence the rush to complete since I knew she'd be calling me at some point). I came back well over an hour later to check it, noticed the errors in it, and wanting to correct it then saw there wasn't an edit option.

It's reasonable to have a time limit as you say but perhaps it could be longer than a hour. I suppose we've got a bit too used to the options at the old place.

Sargon

Comment

I've got a question: If I'm hosting images externally, how can I insert them into a post ? I've tried the usual linking to the image method (in the Advanced Editor), but it didn't work. Neither did Upload from URL. What am I doing wrong ?

Comment

The below is the method I would use to upload images from an URL or similar. In the Advanced Editor, choose the option to upload an image:

Name:	Upload_image_1.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	6781

In the resulting box, select the checkbox, and follow at the prompts:

Name:	Upload_image_2.PNG
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	6782

If instead you would rather upload an image, then in the above box select "Upload" instead, select your file (from your PC), and click "Send it to the Server":

Name:	Upload_image_3.PNG
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	6783

Make sure to upload the photos using the below button:

Hope this helps!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X